I’m pretty sure than anyone who reads this blog already knows our wonderful good news, but apparently I feel compelled to officially announce it everywhere. I guess you could say I want to shout it from the electronic rooftop, so to speak 🙂 So in the interest of full disclosure, here it is: Bill and I are expecting our first baby, due June 4, 2011!! I am currently about 18 1/2 weeks pregnant and rapidly approaching the halfway point.
Here is the latest sonogram picture of the baby taken at about 13 weeks:
Now that that’s out, I can blame my blog slacking on this child 🙂 They are not kidding when they say you will be exhausted in the first trimester and it was all I could do to make and deliver the few cakes I had in October and November, let alone blog about them. (I still have two cakes from 2010 that I’ve yet to blog about. Hopefully I will get those posts up soon!) But now that I’m well into my 2nd trimester, I have a good bit of energy back, and it’s a good thing, because we have LOTS to do in the next few months.
Normally I start the New Year eager to turn over a new leaf and start fresh. I’m going to organize! I’m going to clean! I’m going to finally get our house together! Well this year I really need to follow through and get a lot done!
Let’s make a list 🙂
- Finish the basement. In order to make room for baby, we really need this extra living space. It will also be home to some displaced furniture.
- We need to clear out our 2nd bedroom (currently an office) so that can become the baby’s room. We will move/sell some of the office and living room furniture to make room.
- We need to pare down the 3rd bedroom (currently a guest/junk room) so that it is really functional as a guest room in case any grandparents or other baby-admirers want to stay over. (We know no one is coming to see us!)
- Replace carpet on the upstairs level and stairs. This carpet is 15+ years old and was destroyed by the previous owners (rips, tears, stains, etc). It is nasty and MUST go before we bring a baby into this house.
- The baby’s room. After it is cleared out and has new carpet, it will need a few new pieces of furniture, a fresh coat of paint, and some accessories.
And for strictly baby-related tasks, we need to…
- Research, interview, and select a daycare provider.
- Research baby gear and create a registry.
- Sign up for and attend child birth and infant care classes.
Phew. Oh and did I mention that my little sister is getting married a month after the baby is due? So in addition to everything above, I will be throwing a shower for her, shopping for dresses, helping her plan, etc etc – all of which I am super excited for!! I will likely cut back on taking cake orders (and probably stop altogether in late Spring) in order have enough time and energy to get all of the above done. Something’s gotta give!! We’ll be very busy bees in the next 5 months (yikes, how is it down to 5 already?!). But I think I work well with a list and a deadline – it will help me stay motivated 🙂