Caelan has been sick a lot this past year. Stupid daycare germs. We hoped he’d be well for his party since he had just got over his last sickness about 2 weeks before, but no such luck. The birthday boy got sent home from daycare on his birthday with a fever. Luckily, by the next day he was fever-free and though he wasn’t quite back to his normal happy self, he was a total trooper all day long! He seemed to have a good time chasing balloons and playing with new friends, so overall, it went well!
Here’s a quick summary – photo collage style (click on it for a larger view)
- Table Display. The smash cake and cupcakes doubled as the center piece and we filled in with lots of simple, classic party foods like sandwiches, chips & dip, veggies, meatballs, etc.
- Caelan’s Month Pictures. This was probably my favorite decoration. I got these cute little jungle placecard holders and mounted each of Caelan’s month photos on colored cardstock. The banner is also just cardstock and ribbon in coordinating colors.
- Party Supplies. I chose the Sweet at One Boys 1st Birthday set from Party City and that was the “theme” for the party.
- Cooooookies. My sister made two batches of chocolate chip cookies. She makes the best cookies!
- Family Pic. This is the best one from my camera (thanks to my brother-in-law for taking pics!) but there seemed to be tons of people standing in front of us taking this same pic, so if anyone got one where Caelan’s looking at the camera, let me know!
- Singing Happy Birthday. Caelan is definitely giving me a WTF face. The whole singing/everyone staring at him thing was weird, but he did pretty well!
- Cake Smash. Most of the smashing was actually done by me, but Caelan did eat a little bit of the cake. Maybe if he had been feeling better, he’d have dug in more. More on the cake/cupcakes in the next post…
- Birthday Balloons and Banner. I only got a few balloons for the highchair and the lamp post outside, but now knowing what a hit they were with the kiddos, I wish I had bought more!
A few pictures of the birthday boy …
The party was so much fun and I’m so happy with the way it came together. Almost all of our guests were able to attend, Caelan got to meet some new friends, Bill & I got to visit with some friends we hadn’t seen in awhile, and everyone was there to happily celebrate our baby’s 1st birthday!
Thank you to my parents for letting us have the party at their house, my aunt and brother-in-law for helping with set up, my sister for baking cookies and helping with set up, and to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for bringing yummy fruit and pasta salad!